Sat, Mar 02|
Ocean Institute General Admission & Activities
Time & Location
Mar 02, 2024, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Ocean Institute, 24200 Dana Point Harbor Dr, Dana Point, CA 92629, USA
Ocean Institute Activities & Marine Mammal Cruises:
March 2 & 3, 10am & 1:30pm
Location: Ocean Institute
Location on the Map: 1
Click here for more information
General Admission: March 2 & 3, 10am – 3pm
Buy tickets at the Ocean Institute or CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE
Seniors & Military: $10.00
Ocean Institute Members receive free admission! Book through your member portal for a discount.
General Admission Activities include:
- Destination: Whale Fall Explore what happens after a whale dies and how it contributes to the ecosystem! You will pilot an ROV in our simulation-based video game to see the different parts of a whale fall and learn about their important role.
- Chamber Artifact Gallery Explore our marine mammal artifact gallery to dive into the evolution of whales, and explore the differences between toothed and baleen whales and their unique adaptation!
- Senses of the Sea Dolphins and whales are known for their beautiful songs and use of echolocation – explore these senses and others with our VR exhibit – Senses of the Sea.
- Gray Whale Pop-up Museum Migrate over to our courtyard to see gray whale artifacts, images, and just how large these gentle giants are!
- Artifact Restoration Station Learn from our expert curators just what it takes to restore and maintain our whale artifacts. Try it out for yourself and help us work on restoring our beloved gray whale skeletal specimen – Gray-Sea!
- Whaling History Take a step back in time and learn about the history of whaling through artifacts and historians.
- Jr. Whale Researcher Earn the mark of being a Jr. Whale Researcher by completing activities throughout the facility and finding each unique species ID card. See if you can find them all before the migration season ends!